Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 23, 2010: The Gasometer II

11/11/2013: We're sad to report the closure of our beloved Gasometer.

On Tuesday night, K and I hit Gasometer to try a couple more of their veg options.  I went for the super-cute vegan chorizo burger ($15) - it arrives crowned with a pickled onion on a stick, in a basket with chips and a cucumber pickle and squeezy ketchup and mustard on the side.  These are the same to-die-for steak fries I ordered for my first Gasometer dinner, and we certainly didn't let any go to waste.

The burger is outfitted right - the bun, lettuce, roasted peppers and chimichurri aioli are rocking the support roles.  Toby has declared this the best vegan patty he's ever had, but unfortunately I can't say the same - mine was a bit mushy and squished out the sides of the bun with every bite.  And I wasn't tasting spiciness or smokiness.  It wasn't a bad burger, it just wasn't evoking chorizo for me at all.

I would consider revisiting the Gasometer's burger but for now I'll continue to roam the rest of their menu (and graze on the chips whenever possible!).
____________

You can read about our first visit to the Gasometer here.  Since then it's also been blogged by Veg in the West.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh a must try - so close to my house. Being pregnant at the moment I'm a big sucker for chips in any form :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang! For a second there, I actually thought - from the picture- that it was a beef pattie! LOL

    Yes, many times, when a burger fails, the chips would usually save the meal

    ReplyDelete