Thursday, December 07, 2006

100 posts in 123 days


It's been a fun four months discovering the edible side of our newly adopted home, Melbourne! Here are the highlights so far:


Favourite breakfast: Michael votes for Ici, and I wish I'd ordered his crepe at wwwash

Favourite vegetarian restaurant: Moroccan Soup Bar

Favourite omni restaurant: Los Amates for Michael; Borsch, Vodka and Tears for me

Favourite dessert: roast hazel and macadamia chocolate meringue torte at Soulmama

Favourite new recipes: Michael's savory harira soup and my Bollywood biscotti

Favourite old recipes: Spiced chickpeas for Michael; I've made multiple batches of the I-can't-believe-it's-not-meat pies

Unlikely to be repeated any time soon: the delicious but labour-intensive vege stock

Likely to be repeated (but we hope not): several incidents of putting the oven on the wrong setting, resulting in a burnt top, uncooked base, and takeaway food all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment