Friday, October 16, 2015

Lab Culinary Competition

October 12, 2015



After a couple of years' reluctant absence, I was thrilled to attend the 2015 lab culinary competition at my workplace. This beloved tradition celebrates comfort baking, daring new recipes and clever presentation. Only a select few are prize winners (of plastic dinosaurs, lemon-juicing gadgets, grape-flavoured marshmallows and other miscellany), but everyone is guaranteed a very good lunch.

In keeping with the event's conviviality I include photos of all entries in my slideshow, and some do contain meat. Along the way you'll probably spot my two entries, a potato samosa salad (winner of the You Can Win Friends With Salad prize) and mini alfajores (winner of the Little Morsel award). I owe it all to Terry Hope Romero!

____________

You can also read about past culinary competitions from 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

2 comments:

  1. wow. How do I sign up for next years one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally! Maybe enrol in a postgraduate degree at UniMelb. :-D

      Delete