Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 7, 2009: Leftover makeover - semolina gnocchi II

I enjoyed Maggie's semolina gnocchi so much that a mere week after my first attempt, I baked a second double-sized batch. This time I cooked up my own sauce, inspired by a sun-dried tomato gnocchi sauce at Cafe Italia, containing:
  • a defrosted and reheated batch of tomato jam,
  • a sad-looking week-old red capsicum, grilled, skinned and chopped, and
  • lots of chopped semi-dried tomatoes.
It was the ideal acid tang to offset the golden creamy discs. I ate the leftovers for four days straight, as content on the last day as I was on the first.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I am checking out the gnocchi recipe so I can cook up a good batch to save me from hunger after work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this is definitely an interesting re-interpretation. I'll have to try the recipe and see how it compares to the gnocchi my aunt and I make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a different version of this type of gnocchi it was delicious. I love Maggie Beer. I will definitely be trying her version.

    ReplyDelete