Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 15, 2008: Brunetti X

Update 27/1/2019: Brunetti is still trading, but has moved from Faraday Street into a huge custom-built space inside Lygon Court.

After dinner at Shakahari, we led our guests across the road to Brunetti for dessert. They were appropriately wowed by its extent, so Michael and I made relatively fast orders and hunted down a table as they browsed. With a huge (and delicious) meal under my belt, I didn't find it too difficult to limit myself to two small Tartufo al caffe ($1.40 each). Their two-toned chocolate coating was pleasant, but the interior coffee cream was dry and powdery.

Michael chose a French custard tart with cherries ($5.30). He enjoyed it well enough, but it was a typically unremarkable Brunetti dessert.

You can read our full catalogue of Brunetti experiences here.

2 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for a custard tart. This one looks delish. Pity it didn't live up to expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ, I think it's a side effect of Brunetti's enormous variety. Some of these pastries must sit in the display case for quite some time before being served up!

    ReplyDelete